Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences

От: Dimitri Fontaine
Тема: Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (A B, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Thom Brown, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Thom Brown, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (A B, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Guillaume Cottenceau, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Marti Raudsepp, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Guillaume Cottenceau, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Szymon Guz, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (A B, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Marti Raudsepp, )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Thom Brown, )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Guillaume Cottenceau, )
     Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Jon Nelson, )
      Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Robert Haas, )
       Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Andy Colson, )
        Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Robert Haas, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Craig Ringer, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  ("Lello, Nick", )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Klaus Ita, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Craig Ringer, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (A B, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Mladen Gogala, )
 Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Chris Browne, )
  Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Fabrízio de Royes Mello, )
   Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Robert Haas, )
    Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Bruce Momjian, )
     Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences  (Jeff Janes, )

"Lello, Nick" <> writes:
> A bigger gain can probably be had if you have a tightly controlled
> suite of queries that will be run against the database and you can
> spend the time to tune each to ensure it performs no sequential scans
> (ie: Every query uses index lookups).

Given a fixed pool of queries, you can prepare them in advance so that
you don't usually pay the parsing and planning costs. I've found that
the planning is easily more expensive than the executing when all data
fits in RAM.

Enter pgbouncer and preprepare :
  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgBouncer
  http://preprepare.projects.postgresql.org/README.html