Re: Use of systable_beginscan_ordered in event trigger patch

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Use of systable_beginscan_ordered in event trigger patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> Maybe we could just append to it how to remove such an event trigger,
>> which is easy to do because you can't target an event trigger related
>> command with event triggers, so the following is not disabled:
>>     DROP EVENT TRIGGER abort_ddl;
>
> Oh really?  The explanation of the example certainly doesn't say that.

I remember than in my proposals somewhere we had support for a very
limited form of command triggers for any command in the system. Of
course as that included transaction control commands we made that
better. I'm quite tired so maybe my memory is playing tricks to me, but
I kind of remember that we also had quite a discussion about just that
example and its phrasing in the docs and did came out with something
satisfactory.

Robert, does that ring a bell to you? I'm going to crawl the archives
tomorrow if not…

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine