Re: event trigger API documentation?

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: event trigger API documentation?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Without going into too many details (because I don't have them yet), I
> was thinking about triggering an external test suite whenever there is a
> schema change in the database.

So if all you want to know about is that something did change in the
schema to trigger your action, yes you can do it. I would go as far as
to propose that you consider registering an event in a PGQ queue at the
time when the ddl event occurs, so that you can have your test suite run
be triggers from the outside of the database at its leisure.

If you want to stay within PostgreSQL offering proper, a NOTIFY would
do, and you can do that in PLpgSQL too.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Сообщение: Re: event trigger API documentation?
Сообщение: Re: event trigger API documentation?