Re: Command Triggers, patch v11

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Command Triggers, patch v11
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> I've got a question regarding the function signatures required for
> command triggers, and apologies if it's already been discussed to
> death (I didn't see all the original conversations around this).
> These differ from regular trigger functions which don't require any
> arguments, and instead use special variables.  Why aren't we doing the
> same for command triggers?  So instead of having the parameters

Basically so that we don't have to special code support for each and
every language out there.

> Disadvantages are that there's more maintenance overhead for
> supporting multiple languages using special variables.

Lots of, so I've been told, enough of it for not taking this choice
seriously.  I'll admit I didn't personally looked at what it would
entail implementation wise.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Сообщение: Re: Command Triggers, patch v11
Сообщение: Re: Command Triggers, patch v11