Re: ALTER TABLE ... NOREWRITE option

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE ... NOREWRITE option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 5 December 2012 09:46, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
>> On 12/5/2012 1:42 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
>>>
>>> I think we need a parameter called
>>>
>>> schema_change_reporting = off (default) | on   [USERSET]
>>>
>>> which displays relevant statistics/reports about the actions taken by
>>> DDL statements. That will also highlight locks and the need to reduce
>>> their lock levels.
>>

>> where does this get displayed?   is it just tossed into the postgres log
>> files?
>
> Good question. Where would you like?

What about pg_stat_ddl, a new system's view?  It would maybe need to
have some xid/cid like ordering to be able to reproduce the script. It
could also maybe use the ddl_rewrite module I'm working on for the event
triggers framework, as far as "normalized SQL" goes.

The rewrite information would be a boolean column in that view, I guess.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine