Re: how to build extensions when not on 9.3?

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: how to build extensions when not on 9.3?
Дата
Re: how to build extensions when not on 9.3?  (Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>)
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com> writes:
>> It seems that postgresql-server-dev-9.2 drags libpq-dev-9.3 along
>> with it and the subsequent compiles fail.

Sorry to only see that now, but it seems to me that your question is
answered in the FAQ:

  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#I_want_libpq5_for_version_X.2C_but_there_is_only_version_Y_in_the_repository

Namely in your case you should tweak your sources.list entry like this:

  deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ squeeze-pgdg main 9.2

> Is there a reason that we only provide a 9.3 libpq-dev?

My (limited) understanding here is that the libpq package provides both
server side and client side components, and for client side components
all you need is the most recent libpq around.

Where I need some more facts is on the server-side parts that are to be
found in libpq-dev, I think that's a bug.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Сообщение: Re: how to build extensions when not on 9.3?
Сообщение: Re: how to build extensions when not on 9.3?