Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 21:20 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> According to what I heard, some people want to guarantee that all the
>> transactions are *always* written in *all* the synchronous standbys.
>
> You don't need standby registration at all. You can do that with a
> single parameter, already proposed:
>
> quorum_commit = N.

I think you also need another parameter to control the behavior upon
timeout. You received less than N votes, now what? You're current idea
seems to be COMMIT, Aidan says ROLLBACK, and I say that's to be a GUC
set at the transaction level.

As far as registration goes, I see no harm to have the master maintain a
list of known standby systems, of course, it's just maintaining that
list from the master that I don't understand the use case for.

Regards,
--
dim