Re: Should we get rid of custom_variable_classes altogether?

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Should we get rid of custom_variable_classes altogether?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
>> Another compromise might be to allow for defining variable in any class
>> from the configuration files but restrict that to existing classes from
>> the SET command.  Wait, that's exactly what happens as soon as there's
>> no explicit custom_variable_classes, right?
>
> No, because there are people who do intentionally use placeholder
> variables as session-local storage, and that would be taking away
> that capability.

They would have to set the variable to its default value in some
configuration file and reload, just as now.  They wouldn't have to also
edit custom_variable_classes, that's about it.

Or do you want to open SET typo.wrogn TO 'foobar' to just work silently?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Сообщение: Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories
Сообщение: Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories