Re: JDBC Logging & log4j

От Gunnar Rønning
Тема Re: JDBC Logging & log4j
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
* "otisg" <otisg@iVillage.com> wrote:

| I don't have time to go into details now, but Jakarta's Commons logging
| project allows one to use different logging components, which may allow
| PgSQL JDBC developers to write an abstraction that would allow for easy
| switching between logging components (you can sue Log4J or this or that
| or nothing, you can get the jar or not, etc.). Sorry, I'm in a rush, but
| if you look at Jakarta's Commons logging you can see for yourself.

You can also do that with the log4j package which in fact is the main
logging package at Jakarta. But that is not the point at hand here. Do
we actually want the inevitable performance hit we will get from putting
more logging in there ? If we cannot use a preprosessor to turn logging
of at compile time, then the answer is no. Else yes.

--
Gunnar Rønning - gunnar@polygnosis.com
Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/