Re: event trigger API documentation?

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: event trigger API documentation?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Looks pretty good, but the description of the parsetree field was
> obviously copied from somewhere else.  I would fix it myself, but I
> don't know what kind of assurances we want to offer about what's in that
> field.

Oh, oops.

I think we should direct the reader to the source code for more
information (and propose both where the Node structure is defined and
some places where it's used, ProcessUtility comes to mind), and warn
that the parse tree exact content for any given command will change in
between major releases, and could change in between minor releases.

That said, now that it's exposed in the FDW code and the Event Trigger
code, we might want to have some ABI compat' in place for minor
versions. I'm only raising the question, my knowledge on how to do that
and the impact on the code maintaince is so sore that I have no opinion
about what the good answer is.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine