Re: Postgres 8.0 windows processes, field testing, and Hibernate

От Douglas McNaught
Тема Re: Postgres 8.0 windows processes, field testing, and Hibernate
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Goldstein <sgoldstein@apache.org> writes:

> I had a couple of questions about Postgres 8.0 on Windows platforms:
>
> 1.  Has Postgres 8.0 seen many field deployments yet?  What have been the
> results?

I have 8.0.2 in production with zero problems.  It's not a high-load
installation but it's been completely solid.

> 2.  When running a test against Postgress, I noticed in the Windows task
> manager that several postgres.exe processes we're created.  What controls
> the number?  Why more than one?

Postgres is a multiprocess database, not multithread.  So you will get
a Postgres.exe process for each connection.

> 3.  Has anyone tried to integrate Hibernate with Postgres 8.0?

Our production system uses Hibernate with 8.0 and the corresponding
JDBC driver--no problems at all.

-Doug