Re: 9.1alpha3 release notes help

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: 9.1alpha3 release notes help
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> On 12/27/10 7:35 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> On 12/27/10 1:45 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>> I'm unable to produce any really "exciting" release notes for alpha3.  I
>>> have produced a draft here:
>>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Alpha_release_notes_draft  Please edit
>>> the bullet points if you have some idea.
>>
>> I'll see what I can do.
>
> Expanded with my edits on the wiki.

Well pg_execute_from_file is the name of a patch that went in, but after
review, the function of the same name has been taken out.  As a result
we do not have pg_execute_from_file() nor pg_execute_sql_file() in
alpha3 and we won't have it later with extensions.

There's the configuration file parsing merge that we might want to tell
users about.  You no longer have to follow different quoting rules in
the recovery.conf and postgresql.conf files.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine