Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>>> 1. If you pick the wrong FROM version, the upgrade script will almost
>>> certainly fail, because the objects won't exist or won't be in the state
>>> it expects (ie, not already members of the extension).
> IIRC, the current behavior is that C.O.R.F. on an existing function
> preserves the function's existing extension membership, if any.

Right.  But it does not catch the case when you CORF on a function that
is not already into the extension.  I don't see how to distinguish that
from adding a new function into it at upgrade time.  So I'm having a
hard time understanding what you meant in your point above.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine