Re: Which JDK to build jdbc1 driver on Linux?

От Gunnar Rønning
Тема Re: Which JDK to build jdbc1 driver on Linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
* Rene Pijlman <rpijlman@wanadoo.nl> wrote:

| What's the recommended JDK to build the jdbc1 version of the
| driver on Linux? This is for test driving the driver.
|
| I guess it will have to be one from
| http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/ports.html, since AFAIK Sun
| hasn't released Linux ports of the older JDK's.
|
| But which one? Should I just take the latest pre-Java2 release
| that's available on Linux (1.1.8)? Or should I take the oldest
| (1.0.2.) to test the driver for maximum compatibility?

I guess the best one to use is the JDK that people is actually using.
That is IBM jdk 1.1.8. It is the fastest and most reliable JDK ever released
for Linux. We use this one the production platforms where we don't have a
Java 2 requirement.

--
Gunnar Rønning - gunnar@polygnosis.com
Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/