Re: schema support, was Package support for Postgres

От Gunnar Rønning
Тема Re: schema support, was Package support for Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org> wrote:

| I would like the answer to be no. I would like our users to be able to
| dump a pre-schema-release db, upgrade, and then restore into a
| schema-aware PostgreSQL. And have their restore work.

Important point. Also having a standard is fine, but by limiting ourselves
to it we are ignoring issues that might be very useful. Draw the line.

--
Gunnar Rønning - gunnar@polygnosis.com
Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/