Re: New PGXN Extension site

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: New PGXN Extension site
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This was just posted to announce.  Seems the community now has to
> compete with another extension-based infrastructure if we ever get
> around to developing one of our own.

The chapter of PGXN as announced here is to build a network of
extensions, the ones I'm working on for core. It's the next step. You
want the ability to easily install, drop, dump and restore extensions,
then you want some sources of them that you can trust and from where
it's easy to fetch and build. That's the "network".

We're also working on the grotty details about how to best work together
at the moment, the separation of work had been agreed on before PgCon
and confirmed in Ottawa.

Regards,
--
dim