Re: ALTER EXTENSION ... UPGRADE;

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: ALTER EXTENSION ... UPGRADE;
Дата
Re: ALTER EXTENSION ... UPGRADE;  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> You keep making extension authors have to do more work. I keep trying
> to make it so they can do less. We want the barrier to be as low as
> possible, which means a lot of DRY. Make it *possible* to do more
> complicated things, but don't *require* it.

Sorry, imposing that - ain't part of the version number string won't
make any impression on me as far as getting simple is concerned. Go find
a single debian package not having - in its version number, and that's a
native software (developed to build debian).

For details, see the following, then explain me how RPM is so
differently simple, and then why I should care.
 http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Version

So really, using %v to say "put the current version number here" does
not seem like a problem for me, it allows me not to have to think about
*any* files naming rules nor version numbering scheme.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION ... UPGRADE;
Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION ... UPGRADE;