Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> Might I suggest instead a META.json file like PGXN requires? Here's a
> simple example:

I don't see what it buys us in this very context. The main thing here to
realize is that I wrote about no code to parse the control file. I don't
think the extension patch should depend on the JSON-in-core patch.

Now, once we have JSON and before the release, I guess given a good
reason to have much more complex configuration files that don't look at
all like postgresql.conf, we could revisit.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine