Re: Spinlock performance improvement proposal

От Gunnar Rønning
Тема Re: Spinlock performance improvement proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Doug McNaught <doug@wireboard.com> wrote:

| Depends on what you mean.  For scaling well with many connections and
| simultaneous queries, there's no reason IMHO that the current
| process-per-backend model won't do, assuming the locking issues are
| addressed.

Wouldn't a threading model allow you to share more data across different
connections ? I'm thinking in terms of introducing more cache functionality
to improve performance. What is shared memory used for today ?

--
Gunnar Rønning - gunnar@polygnosis.com
Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/