Re: pg_dump --pretty-print-views

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: pg_dump --pretty-print-views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, we could actually set the wrap value to 0, which would mean always
> wrap. That wouldn't be making any assumption about the user's terminal
> window size ;-)

+1

> Personally I find the wrapped case MUCH more readable. I guess anything is
> an advance, but turning on PRETTY_INDENT without turning on some level of
> target wrapping seems like a half-done job.

Minor gripe: the CASE WHEN THEN indenting is not ideal:
 CASE     WHEN (a.attnotnull OR ((t.typtype = 'd'::"char") AND t.typnotnull)) THEN 'NO'::text     ELSE 'YES'::text
END)::information_schema.yes_or_noAS is_nullable,

I think the following is easier to read:
 CASE     WHEN (a.attnotnull OR ((t.typtype = 'd'::"char") AND t.typnotnull))     THEN 'NO'::text     ELSE 'YES'::text
END)::information_schema.yes_or_noAS is_nullable,

But I realise it's not exactly what's being talked about in this thread…

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine