Re: sql_drop Event Trigger

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: sql_drop Event Trigger
Дата
Re: sql_drop Event Trigger
Список pgsql-hackers
> variable, it seems like there are a number of ways this can go wrong.

Yeah, I think the current behavior might be surprising.

> I have not tested the actual behavior of the latest patch, but I think
> we want to define things so that the
> pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects() function returns, specifically, the
> list of objects dropped by the command which caused the event trigger
> to fire.  In other words, in the above example, the first, recursive
> invocation of B should see the object removed by A's DROP-IF-EXISTS,
> and the second invocation should see the object removed by the
> toplevel command.

I disagree with that. I don't see why the enclosing event trigger
shouldn't be aware of all the objects dropped by the command that just
ran to completion, *including* the effects of any event trigger fired
recursively or not.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine