Re: ALTER OBJECT any_name SET SCHEMA name

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: ALTER OBJECT any_name SET SCHEMA name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Committed, after various changes and corrections.  One noteworthy one
> is that I removed the _oid variants, since those would be dead code at
> the moment.

Thanks!

The _oid variants will have to re-appear in the "alter extension set
schema" patch, which is the last of the series. Meanwhile, I will have
to merge head with the current extension patch (already overdue for a
new version, waiting on purpose) so that it no longer includes the
cfparser and execute from file patches too (which have changed a lot
underneath it already).

I'm not sure there's lots of precedent for dealing with in-commitfest
patches dependencies, so here's a summary of what I think would ideally
happen next (ordering counts):
1. cfparser   https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=413   ready for commiter
2. pg_execute_from_file   https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=414   needs another review and maybe
somemore documentation

3. extensions   https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=404   needs review and minor updating   will
needanother version after merging the two previous patches

4. alter extension set schema   https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=416   needs review and a
reviewer  will need bitrot fix (and adding in the _oid variants)   would be better to adjust once the 3 previous are
in

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine