Re: record identical operator

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: record identical operator
Дата
Re: record identical operator  (Hannu Krosing <hannu@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> writes:
> change, but if '1.4' was stored in a column copied into a matview
> and they later updated the source to '1.40' the increase in
> accuracy would not flow to the matview.  That would be a bug, not a
> feature.

Maybe the answer to that use case is to use the seg extension?
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/seg.html

IOW, colour me unconvinced about that binary-equality opclass use case
in MatViews. We are trusting the btree equality operator about
everywhere in PostgreSQL and it's quite disturbing to be told that in
fact we should not trust it.

Would it make sense for you to produce a patch without the extra
operators, behavior, opclass and opfamily here so that we can focus on
the MatView parts of it?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Сообщение: Re: record identical operator
Сообщение: Re: record identical operator