ON INSERT view rule

От Anthony Chavez
Тема ON INSERT view rule
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello, pgsql-sql!

What I've got here are a couple of ON INSERT rules for a view.  The
second rule is what I'm concerned about.  I wrote it with PostgreSQL's
ACID compliance in mind, but can I trust it?

From what I gather, if I were to simply use NEW.address_line_id rather
than address_lines_id_seq.last_value, it would be replaced by
nextval(address_line_id_seq), so I'm trying to work around that.

If there is there a better way to do this, I'm all ears.  Would
lastval() work for me in this case?  Thanks!

--
Anthony Chavez                                 http://anthonychavez.org/
mailto:acc@anthonychavez.org         jabber:acc@jabber.anthonychavez.org

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW addresses_address_lines
AS
SELECT a.id AS address_id,      al.id AS address_line_id,      line,      ordering FROM addresses a      INNER JOIN
address_lines al      ON al.address_id = a.id      LEFT OUTER JOIN      junctions      ON parent_table =
'address_lines'        AND parent_id = al.id         AND child_table = 'display_orderings'      LEFT OUTER JOIN
display_orderingso      ON o.id = child_id;

CREATE OR REPLACE RULE insert_address_lines
AS ON INSERT
TO addresses_address_lines
DO INSTEAD
INSERT INTO address_lines (address_id, line)
VALUES (NEW.address_id, NEW.line);

CREATE OR REPLACE RULE insert_display_orderings
AS ON INSERT
TO addresses_address_lines
DO
UPDATE display_orderings  SET ordering = NEW.ordering FROM address_lines_id_seq      INNER JOIN      junctions      ON
parent_table= 'address_lines'         AND parent_id = last_value         AND child_table = 'display_orderings'WHERE
ordering<> NEW.ordering      AND display_orderings.id = child_id;

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: