Re: unlogged tables

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: unlogged tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Cédric Villemain <cedric.villemain.debian@gmail.com> writes:
> 2010/12/8 Kineticode Billing <david@kineticode.com>:
>> On Dec 8, 2010, at 10:37 AM, Chris Browne wrote:
>>
>>> Other possibilities include TRANSIENT, EPHEMERAL, TRANSIENT, TENUOUS.

I kind of like TRANSIENT, but that's only because it's a property I've
been working with in some other systems
 http://www.erlang.org/doc/design_principles/sup_princ.html
   Restart = permanent | transient | temporary
   Restart defines when a terminated child process should be restarted.
   A permanent child process is always restarted.   A temporary child process is never restarted.   A transient child
processis restarted only if it terminates abnormally, i.e. with another exit reason than normal.
>> EVANESCENT.
>
> UNSAFE ?

What about NOT PERSISTENT ? Then we would have two flavours of them,
that's NOT PERSISTENT ON RESTART TRUNCATE or ON RESTART FLUSH, I guess?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine