Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> If it's an option w/ a default of "off", then chances are the admin will
> get the failure you're talking about, realize there's an issue, but then
> have a way to actually *fix* the restore without having to hack up
> multi-gigabyte files using vi.  If you'd like, you're welcome to
> consider the default of "off" as a feature.
>
> +1 from me for adding the option.

+1 too. Seems I've been unclear, my thinking is that this option is not
a solution for everyone, but I do agree that it will help in some
cases. And in those cases you'll be so happy to have it!

Regards,
--
dim