Re: Event Triggers: adding information

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Event Triggers: adding information
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> Would it be desirable to have ddl_command_success and
> ddl_command_failed events.  These would effectively be subsets to

No, because you can't run any SQL in a failed transaction.

> This, unfortunately, introducing awkwardness with the WHEN clause
> restriction which doesn't accommodate simple equality.  And looking at
> the IN part of the syntax, it looks awful: WHEN TAG IN ('DROP
> SEQUENCE' AND 'CREATE TABLE').

The syntax is using a comma, not an "AND", as seen in the tests:
   create event trigger regress_event_trigger2 on ddl_command_start      when tag in ('create table', 'CREATE
FUNCTION')     execute procedure test_event_trigger();

> So note that I'm coming into this syntax kinda fresh, so just giving
> first impressions of the current implementation.

Thanks for that, I'm all for getting something better at the end!

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Сообщение: Re: Prepared statements fail after schema changes with surprising error
Сообщение: Re: Prepared statements fail after schema changes with surprising error