PG 7.1.3 on OSX 10.1

От merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Тема PG 7.1.3 on OSX 10.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Well, I got 7.1.3 to compile and link after a first false run generated
link errors, to which I fixed the compile instructions to be:

        % setenv CFLAGS "-no-cpp-precomp -flat_namespace"
        % ./configure --prefix=/opt/postgresql/7.1.3

And the initdb phase goes fine, as does the postmaster launch.  However,
on creating any database, postmaster says:

    DEBUG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress...
    DEBUG:  ReadRecord: record with zero len at (0, 1522848)
    DEBUG:  redo is not required
    DEBUG:  database system is in production state

and psql says (after connecting with "psql template1"):

    template1=# create database test1;
            before or while processing the request.

Any thoughts?  Should I skip right to 7.2-beta and try again?  Or is
that likely to be worse instead of better?

I'm on a UFS filesystem, so it's case sensitive.  I figure my Unix-ish
stuff wants to distinguish case. :)