postmaster of 7.0.3 listening but pslq cannot connect

От 100.179370@germanynet.de (Martin Jacobs)
Тема postmaster of 7.0.3 listening but pslq cannot connect
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

on Nov 19 15:51:12 2000 my postmaster (7.0.3 compiled on linux
2.0.38 with gcc 2.95 in an libc5 environment) entered production
state. My machine is my home office machine. Im playing with
PostgreSQL and Perl. On Nov 30, early in the morning, postmaster
did it's last connect with an postgreSQL frontend (Perl DBI),
which is done as cronjob every night.

Now, postmaster is listening, I can connect with telnet, netstat
tells that there is a connection, but psql fails to connect to
any database. The shared memory segments of owner postgres are
still there. There is no entry in the servers log file.

What has happend to postmaster?

Any ideas?

Why does postmaster doesn't write time stamps in his log output?

Martin

--
Dipl-Ing. Martin Jacobs
Registered Linux User #87175, http://counter.li.org/