Re: Using substr with user defined types

От darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Тема Re: Using substr with user defined types
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thus spake Tom Lane
> > char *
> > chkpass_rout(chkpass *password)
>
> That doesn't return "text", so you can't tell the system it does.
> Type text is a varlena type, ie, length word followed by data.

Ack!  That was it.  I don't understand why it didn't print my debug
message at the start of the function.  I used "fprintf(stderr, ..."
at the start of the function to make sure that it wasn't gobbled
up by buffering or something.  When I didn't see my message I just
assumed that it had to come from the engine.

Thanks.  I was able to dig out what changes I needed for the operator
stuff from the docs (I needed scalar??sel instead of int??sel) and
now everything I had before plus the chkpass stuff works.  I'll
send the corrected chkpass stuff for contrib and work on that phone
number item I mentioned in another message.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: