Re: [HACKERS] type coerce problem with lztext

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] type coerce problem with lztext
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > Added to Features:
> >
> >  New lztext data type for compressed text fields
>
> I strongly suggest to not name this new feature. All the attempts to make
> it go away silently in 7.1 will get a blow in the face from this.
   I already discovered that this ain't true.
   At  the  time we feature TOAST, we remove LZTEXT and put in a   type alias to TEXT. This way, during  a  dump/reload
upgrade   from any non-toasted to a toasted release, the "backend" will   take care for the silent conversion of table
schemas.We  can   keep  this  alias  for  a faily long time, so external schema   scripts can be modified.

   This way, all we have to mention is  exactly  the  above,  so   schema writers take it onto their upgrade-checklist,
andthat   no application query should ever use LZTEXT explicitly  (like   in casting expressions). They shall use TEXT
instead.

Jan

От: wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] update_pg_pwd trigger does not work very well
От: wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] update_pg_pwd trigger does not work very well