LZTEXT for rule plan stings

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема LZTEXT for rule plan stings
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] LZTEXT for rule plan stings  (Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] LZTEXT for rule plan stings  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,
   there  was  discussion  about  readding  the  lztext type for   internal use in pg_rewrite for 7.0, then remove it
againonce   we have TOAST.

   Was  because  significant growth of the rule plan strings due   to other changes can cause views/rules to be
rejectedby 7.0,   that easily worked with 6.5.

   I've reconstructed the entire lztext type now from CVS, could   reapply changes and reactivate deleted  files  from
./Attic.  Will  work on a NOTICE/ERROR message now, preventing users to   use it in their schemas.

   But it requires an initdb and we're in BETA. So I better  ask   if someone complains.

Jan