RI project status

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема RI project status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Good news!
   FYI,  with  contributions  from Stephan Szabo and Don Baccus,   the FOREIGN KEY project made impressive progress
during the   last days.

   pg_dump is now able to dump FK constraints.
   pg_dump arranges to disable/reenable all triggers during data   only reload.
   ALTER TABLE ... ADD  CONSTRAINT  ...  FOREIGN  KEY  is  fully   implemented,  and  all  existing data in the altered
tableis   verified to satisfy the new constraint.

   The table actually created can  be  self  referenced  in  the   constraints.
   In   contrast   to   my   proposal,   MATCH  FULL  and  MATCH   <unspecified> will both be fully supported in 7.0
already.So   only MATCH PARTIAL will be left for 7.1.

   The  open  items  left for 7.0 are now the file buffering for   the trigger queue, the parser  problem  with  NOT
DEFERRABLE  (where Thomas actually jumps in), building a regression suite   and documentation.

   Many thanks to the two guys above. Without them, FOREIGN  KEY   would  not  only  have  failed  to be finished in
time.There   would have been a big mistake maken for  NO  ACTION  at  all,   leaving   a   huge  hole  for  possible
violations and  not   conforming to the standard.

   There is more to do after 7.0 is out, like  ensuring  that  a   unique  constraint  is  defined  on  referenced  PK
columns,  changing RESTRICT actions to fire as  soon  as  possible  and   ensuring  uniqueness  of  constraint names.
Butwhat has been   done so far is IMHO really a major leap forward.

   7.0 will have better FOREIGN KEY support than I expected.

Jan

Сообщение: Re: fsync alternatives (was: Re: [HACKERS] TODO item)
Сообщение: Re: fsync alternatives (was: Re: [HACKERS] TODO item)