update_pg_pwd and AR triggers

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема update_pg_pwd and AR triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

    I   have   additional   information  on  the  update_pg_pwd()
    discussion,  whether  AFTER  ROW   triggers   should   return
    HeapTuple  or  void.   The return value of AFTER ROW triggers
    isn't void - definitely.

    The trigger manager tries to pfree() the returned pointer, if
    it's  neither NULL, nor one of the tuples he sent down to the
    trigger (trigtuple and newtuple).

    Thus, ANY trigger must at least return (HeapTuple)NULL.

    Fix is committed.

Jan