Re: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Oh, got it.  You are going to implement long tuples for only the lztext
> type at first.  Excellent idea.  Did you see someone on the general list
> already is asking about long tuples for 7.0?  I replied on our current
> status.

    I've  seen  several such questions these days. And I fear, if
    I'm not able to get at least  the  required  catalog  changes
    into  7.0,  I'd  have  to  wait  until after 7.0 freeze + CVS
    branch before I can start at all.  That'd cost  us  too  much
    time.

    I  know  that  I  can  deal with a bunch of deferred patches,
    staying in sync with CURRENT and having new features only  as
    patches.  But  that  worx only as long as I have most catalog
    changes in CURRENT. One single concurrent catalog change  can
    cost me days of work in the worst case otherwise.

Jan

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on