INITDB doesn't create views

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема INITDB doesn't create views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

    Peter  Eisentraut  changed initdb.sh with a patch, applied by
    Bruce into revision 1.66. CVS log shows

> This is my -- hopefully sufficiently portable -- attempt at cleaning out
> initdb. No more obscure dependencies on environment variables or paths.
> It
> now finds the templates and the right postgres itself (with cmd line
> options as fallback). It also no longer depends on $USER (su safe), and
> doesn't advertise that --username allows you to install the db as a
> different user, since that doesn't work anyway. Also, recovery and
> cleanup
> on all errors. Consistent options, clearer documentation.

    Peter, the  backslash  escapes  to  the  newlines  in  CREATE
    TABLE/CREATE  RULE  where  there for a good reason. Even if a
    shell might accept multiline strings in echo, the interactive
    backend interface doesn't.

    They  are missing in your CREATE VIEW replacements.  Now, all
    the views (pg_user, ...) aren't created.

    Please fix that.

Jan