Re: [SQL] Problem copying polygon data into a table

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [SQL] Problem copying polygon data into a table
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> The polygon has about 800 vertices (& is relatively small as some of the
> polygons in my dataset go).
>
> Trying to copy this into the table generates the error msg:
>
> ERROR: Tuple is too big: size 12892

    It  is  a  very  old  limitation, that one row (including the
    systems per row information and ALL attribute values)  cannot
    exceed 8K - pageheader.

    800  vertices is 1600 double precision floats is 12800 bytes.

    We actually discuss how to tackle that problem  in  a  future
    release.   And  that  far we know about a solution that could
    make your problem go away.  What we don't have is a consensus
    on, and implementation of this solution.

Jan

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: