Re: [HACKERS] FOREIGN KEY and shift/reduce

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] FOREIGN KEY and shift/reduce
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Nice.
> I tried a little.
>
> [...]
> => begin;
>    BEGIN
> => delete from ri1 where id=1;
>    DELETE 1
>
> < session 2 >
> => insert into ri2 values (1);
>    INSERT 92960 1
>
> < session 1 >
> => commit;
>    END
> => select * from ri1;
>    id
>    --
>    (0 rows)
> => select * from ri2;
>    id
>    --
>     1
>    (1 row)
>
> Is this a temporary behavior ?

    Fixed.

    Session 2 waits now until session 1 ends transaction.

    I'm thinking about another enhancement to the regression test
    now.  Something where at least two sessions can  run  queries
    in  a  predefined  order. Otherwise, something like the above
    cannot be checked during regression.

    I'm not sure how that can be done with a standard shell,  and
    that's  a  must.   Maybe something using named pipes and so -
    will play around a little.

Jan