Re: [HACKERS] Raising funds for PostgreSQL

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Raising funds for PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Raising funds for PostgreSQL  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Kyle Bateman <kyle@actarg.com> writes:
> > [ wish list ]
> >   - Get rid of size restrictions on queries (16K)
> >   - Could a subquery be included in the target list of a query
> >     select a,(select b from c) from d where e = f;
> >     (Not sure if this one is even standard SQL.)
>
> FWIW, the above two things are already done in current sources.

Uh,

    who did the latter one?

    Just  running  some  qry  through  psql  I  see that it works
    partially.  Especially I see a

        ExecSetParamPlan: more than one tuple returned by expression subselect

    So I assume it's not implemented in the form I outlined - the
    subselecting  range  table  entry. I'll take a look at it the
    next  days  and  maybe  complain  about  that  change  if  it
    interferes  with  the  needs  of  the  rule  system  to  make
    aggregate, distinct, group by, sort  by  and  all  the  other
    (long wanted) view stuff possible.

Jan