prosrc index removed

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема prosrc index removed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
It's gone!

    I've  just  removed  the  pg_proc_prosrc_index  and  all it's
    related things like functions and the syscache for it.

    Actually, this index made problems (I was able to corrupt the
    index  by  using 2700 byte sized PL procedures) and it wasn't
    used at all.  The only reference I found to it was  when  the
    system   automagically   creates   a   SET  function  from  a
    specialized node -  but  first  this  code  is  #ifdef'd  out
    (SETS_FIXED) and second I wasn't able to figure out which SQL
    construct would force this to happen.

    If someone in the future does this SETS_FIXED, the lookup  in
    catalog/pg_proc.c   must  fallback  to  a  heap  scan  or  do
    something smarter (maybe a separate system catalog for  these
    SET  functions  to quickly find them). For now it would throw
    an elog(ERROR) if ever hit.

Jan