Re: [HACKERS] shared memory 651, freebsd 2.2.7

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] shared memory 651, freebsd 2.2.7
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> How much shared memory do you need?
>
> options         SHMMNI=96               # number of shared memory identifiers default is 32
> options         SHMMAXPGS=20480         # number of pages a shgment can have and the total number of pages? default
1024
>                                         # max seg size is 25meg
> options         SHMSEG=64               # number of segments per process
> options         SEMMNI=40               # number of semaphore identifiers
> options         SEMMNS=240              # number of semaphores in the system
> options         MSGSEG=4096             # max number of message segments is this
>
> With Postgres set for 512 backends, I can't start it.
> I can run with 128, but at 10240 have been running out during large transactions.
> I am hoping I can get it at 20480.

    What  do  you  need 512 backends for? Such a high concurrency
    doesn't make things better (locking, spin locks etc.).

    Would eventually some kind of a middle tear application  with
    a  limited  number  of  work  processes  which connect to the
    database help?

Jan