Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.2

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >

> > > Removed manually. Thanks.  I have been far behind in keeping up with
> > > patches.
> >
> > Looks like :)
> >
> >     Well, actually running regression test emits alot of
> >
> >         NOTICE:  Auto-creating query reference to table <table-name>
> >
> >     from  inside  the  parser - which make most of the regression
> >     tests fail.  Not sure which of the  patches  introduced  them
> >     and  why.  Could  you please take a look at it? On the things
> >     I'm doing right  now  (adding  fields  +  indices  to  system
> >     catalogs and modifying code that's invoked during heap_open()
> >     or the like) I  feel  much  better  if  I  get  identical  (+
> >     correct) regression results before'n'after.
>
> I have backed this change out.  I will re-enable it when things are
> quiet and the regression tests can be re-generated.

[pgsql@hot] ~/devel/src/test/regress > ./checkresults
======   int2   ======
10c10
< ERROR:  pg_atoi: error reading "100000": Numerical result out of range
---
> ERROR:  pg_atoi: error reading "100000": Math result not representable
10c10
< ERROR:  pg_atoi: error reading "1000000000000": Numerical result out of range
---
> ERROR:  pg_atoi: error reading "1000000000000": Math result not representable
[pgsql@hot] ~/devel/src/test/regress >

    Such a regression result while we're in the middle of feature
    development.

    I'm really impressed - if we only can keep it on this  level!

Jan