Re: [SQL] new.oid not working inside rule [repost]

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [SQL] new.oid not working inside rule [repost]
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

> I am reposting this because I haven't gotten an answer... is anyone
> successfully using new.oid within a rule to store the oid of an inserted
> row into another table?  (See below)
>
> This is in 6.4.2-3.

    It cannot work - sorry.

    This  is because of the way rules are executed. If you have a
    rule on INSERT, this rules action is executed  prior  to  the
    INSERT  itself  and  will do mainly the same scans to collect
    the  data  that  will   be   inserted   (in   the   case   of
    INSERT...SELECT...). At this time, the OID's which will later
    get assigned aren't known.

Jan

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: