Re: [HACKERS] plperl intial pass

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] plperl intial pass
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Hollomon wrote:

> on the patches list, I posted the first files
> for suuport for using perl as the procedural
> language.

    Congratulations!

> The makefile uses libtool (probably incorrectly).
>
> It is not 'safe'.
>
> Perl XS modules cannot be used.

    What's  an  XS  module?  If  it's a shared object dynamically
    linked - don't care too much - PL/Tcl cannot either.

> Using Perl in rules hasn't even been thought about.

    If a function works from a query, the same function must work
    too in a rule because the rewriter only mangles up parsetrees
    so when executing, they are invoked from a query. Or did  you
    mean triggers?

> IF the code looks suspiciously like Jan's code
> for pltcl - well, it _is_ Jan's code for pltcl
> horribly mangled.

    What ya think where the skeleton for PL/pgSQL came from :-) I
    just  wrote  my  own  SQL  scripting  bytecode  compiler  and
    executor and placed them into the PL/Tcl sources.

    Congrats again - great work - move on.

Jan