Re: [GENERAL] inet and cidr type problems

От jim@reptiles.org (Jim Mercer)
Тема Re: [GENERAL] inet and cidr type problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > i have been playing with the inet and cidr types, and i have noticed a couple
> > problems, and would entertain suggestions as to how to fix them without
> > necessarily breaking how other people might be using them.
> >
> > - a table with an element of type inet, will show "0.0.0.0/0" as "00/0"
>
> This was fixed in 6.5.
>
> > i suspect this can be fixed in src/backend/adt/network.c or some such.
> >
> > - when creating a table with either type inet or type cidr as a primary, unique
> >    key, the elements "198.68.123.0/24" and "198.68.123.0/27" are considered
> >    equal.
>
> This has been addressed in 6.5 too.

cool.

i'm not sure how to query the bug list, so can you tell me if the following
problems have been addressed?

- ALTER TABLE tab_name RENAME TO new_name;

    this command does not deal with extended tables (my name for when
    a table physically exceeds 2Gig, on unix, and creates a second (third)
    extent in the .../data/base/dbname dir.

- VACUUM VERBOSE;

    has problems with extended tables, something like "cannot truncate
    extended file".

--
[ Jim Mercer    Reptilian Research      jim@reptiles.org   +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ The telephone, for those of you who  have forgotten, was a commonly used ]

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Auto-timeout on all queries
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Auto-timeout on all queries