Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Where's the elephant?  :)

    Still  in  mind and the last idea of Clark was totally nice -
    putting the elephant into  the  diamond.  Need's  a  complete
    crystal diamond (that will eat CPU - man).

> Looks good, but the diamond needs the benefit of a star filter on the
> camera (so to speak).   If you need I'll try to explain it in a bit more
> detail.

    Outch  -  yes I know what you mean - I have such a one for my
    camera too (along with the other usual ones like the  2  diop
    hole  lense  etc.).  That's  one  of the limits of raytracing
    AFAIK. I never had any success on such a thing like a filter.
    Also  it's  impossible  to  build  spectral effects. Spectral
    effects are based on the fact that the refractional index  of
    a  material varies on the frequency of the light (that's what
    makes the fire in diamonds). But a raytracer cannot do this -
    or  at  least  the  trace would run infinitely long - thus no
    tracer I know of supports it.

    But on the star filter I have already an idea. Will  try  out
    some things.

Jan

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))