Re: [HACKERS] macaddr stuff !

От D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain
Тема Re: [HACKERS] macaddr stuff !
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thus spake Bruce Momjian
> I have fixed the problem in the current development tree.  The problem
> is nulls in that IP field.
>
> I added PointerIsValid() checks to backend/utils/adt/mac.c.
>
> This will be fixed in 6.5 beta.  This was a known problem with the INET
> types, but I did not realize how bad it was.
>
> [D'Arcy, I just added PointerIsValid() checks that were similar to other
> type routines.]

Yes, this was the issue I was mentioning to you the other day in IRC.
Remember I submitted a patch to network.c but we agreed that the proper
fix is higer up in the code.  The problem is that any function taking
a null arg should return null but in the code as it stands now we don't
check that until after the function has been called.  The result is that
we have all sorts of code in the package that has to deal with null
arguments just so the result can be thrown away after the function
returns.  What we need to do is identify the places where the function
is dispatched and deal with the null args there before calling them.  I
tried finding these places but it wasn't so easy.  Has anyone else been
looking at this part of the code?