Re: [HACKERS] "CANNOT EXTEND" -

От D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain
Тема Re: [HACKERS] "CANNOT EXTEND" -
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thus spake Bruce Momjian
> > template1=> SELECT oid from pg_database where datname = 'template1';
> > pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
> >         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before
>
> Can someone suggest why this would be happening?  The SELECT looks
> pretty simple.

It works for me but I have the same thing happening on a database
where I do the following.
 SELECT * INTO TABLE tempset FROM trash WHERE "Shape" ~* 'Prow' ;

The tempset table doesn't exist and trash is just a table that the
user is trying to grab a subselect from.  I don't know if there is
a connection here but it brought to mind a question I have been meaning
to ask, how do I read the pg_log file?  I can't seem to find anything
that reads this.  Also, what sort of stuff gets put into that log?