Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

> > > I have to agree on this.
> >
> >     Man - first it is too flat, now the logo detracs, the flashes
> >     cause problems and ppl vote agains. Next  someone  want's  it
> >     back rotating :-)
> >
> >     OK,  ok  -  but slow motion now. A version that works for NS4
> >     and IE4 is in place. Let's  leave  it  there  until  we  have
> >     something  better.  I really wanted to get my fingers back on
> >     raytracing for a long time and that time is now. I'll produce
> >     some  different  map's  the next days and place them all into
> >     ~wieck/index.html, then we can have a voting.
>
> Now you know how I felt with the globe(too fast, hard to see), and
> static map(bad dots).

    The  first  raytraced  example  (just  a quick shot :-) is in
    place.

        http://www.postgresql.org/~wieck/index.html

    As you might expect, the locations of the nails are from  the
    same  data I already have. I just bent them a little so every
    location is visible. There is no map behind, but that's  easy
    and could have it's hot areas under the knobs of the nails.

Jan