Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Speed or lack thereof

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Speed or lack thereof
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Can someone remind me where we left this memory context stuff?

    I've  changed  AllocSetAlloc()  and  friends  to manage small
    allocations in bigger blocks together  where  the  sizes  are
    round up to powers of two and free's chunks in the blocks are
    reused in place. The entire blocks get only free'd when  they
    get completely free.

    Then  I've  changed  palloc() etc. into macros (which started
    the discussion on mcxt.h - sorry).

    Overall  speedup  from  the  changes  (for   regression)   is
    something about 10-15%.

Jan

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] HTML index of source code
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] HTML index of source code